Thursday, November 11, 2010

Recovery

Well, Vikas's fever finally broke after 5 days.  The three of us have passed around this yucky virus ever since we got here.  I'm relieved that it wasn't malaria.  It's a bit concerning being in a place where malaria is still prevalent.  So far so good, though. 

Now that things have settled down a bit we've been trying to get into a routine with Jasmine's school stuff.  It's a challenge since I have a hard time sticking to routines.  I tend to rest when my body tells me to and get things done when I have the energy, and that doesn't happen on a schedule, unfortunately.  I think we're doing OK, though.  Journal writing, math and flute practice are happening pretty regularly.  We're also in the process of arranging music lessons and hopefully dance lessons for her.  We're supposed to go to a musical instrument shop this afternoon to take a look at all the Indian instruments they have.  She wants to get a harmonium since she found out that her Ajji (grandmother) played one.  And if she's got a passion for something we want to support it because there are always learning opportunities when you're interested in something. 


We're planning to do some traveling soon.  Calcutta, Bangalore and Rajasthan are all on the agenda.  We have family to visit in Calcutta and Bangalore, and I'm teaching and taking classes at Colleena Shakti's School in January.  I'm looking forward to seeing more of India.  I've been to Rajasthan before but not to Calcutta and Bangalore.  I'll be sure to take lots of pics.

2 comments:

  1. So glad you guys are feeling better! Enjoy your travels and give Jasmine a hug from us :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. are you taking any malaria prophylaxis at all? We had to take a weekly pill while in Cameroon

    ReplyDelete