Thursday, June 26, 2014

It's just fun to say that I'm posting this note from "Southend on Sea", Essex, UK.   What a cute seaside town this is.  Once again, we've been very lucky and the weather has been just beautiful since we've been here.  From our apartment we can see where the Thames runs into the sea, and since it's been bright and clear every day I have a nice view of it every morning when I get up and every night before I go to bed.  Depending on the time of day, we either see gently rolling waters or a sandy/rocky beach stretching out until little boats are left sitting directly on the ground looking like a child's toy that was left out in the living room after play time. 

I think the thing I love the most about this town is all of the beautiful flower gardens.  Not only do you see gorgeous, colorful flower beds and pots in front of the houses, but on the walk down to the river as well.  There are all of these beautiful flower beds along the road and all down the hillside between the apartment and the river.  Every time I've been out for a walk I've seen people out enjoying picnics between the flower beds and under the trees.  It's just a little something extra that makes the town even cuter.  There are roses and lavender everywhere.  It's hard not to feel happy when you're surrounded by roses and lavender.



No comments:

Post a Comment